Friday, July 31, 2015

#\:D/ : Screenshooting, cursor too

...with IrfanView

While Snipping Tool still delights me, today I learned to Capture a Screenshot with IrfanView that shows the mouse cursor! ... \:D/

In brief:

Open Irfan View -> Options -> Capture/Screenshot (check/modify settings)  
-> Start -> Ctrl-F11

To clarify: the settings to manage screen capture in IrfanView are accessed through the Options menu, being sixth available option if canvas is blank.

Settings

Capture Setup has many controls. I set the capture area to Foreground window. I left capture method at default Hot Key CTRL+F11. I left default at including mouse cursor. And after the capture show in main window of IrfanView.

IrfanView Capture Setup has four bundles of options. Capture Area has seven types from full desktop area to a fixed screen rectangle. Capture method can be by hotkey or automatic on timer. After the capture offers four options, to show, copy to clipboard, send to printer or save. Finally in addition to default mouse cursor, two other options area to scroll window and set when to stop, if filming.


Yes will need to crop

But cropping--once I realised* how (when there is an image on the canvas and no paint tools selected, just left click drag, let-go, Ctrl+Y)--is also rather nifty in IrfanView, offering (via Edit -> Show selection grid) a golden ratio grid.


*(thanks to Lord Spam Magnet & Grinler at BleepingComputers)

PS - if you were wondering

  • \:D/ in title is a Happy Dance
  • the screenshot for which I wanted a cursor...
    Pasting values only (or paste as plain text) in Google Sheets
    ...relates to a possible future post about importing+keeping Google Search results for a google portion of a literature review.

Part of my Wordpress→Blogger journey, this post copied (because it remains relevant today) 19/07/2019 in republication of my 31 July 2015 post at my experimental self-hosted Wordpress where it achieved 24 views.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...