Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Learning ubiquitous reference ... 01

This may become a series:

Having taken Andy Burkhardt's suggestion and set up a few feeds from Twitter searches, I've seen local tweets about books, reading, study etc ....

And so I wonder (because I am not yet a reference or social librarian): if a social librarian were to pick up messages like these, what would be a suitable reply?  Ah. That, I guess, will derive from the strategy which would have preceded (and been reviewed perhaps after) the listening stage :-P

To...

(@simbera (Ben Lever) at 2:07 AM on Aug 15, 2012: "...Barely an hour into Ryan Holiday's "Trust Me I'm Lying" and I'm already blown away. You need to read it. Yes, you. ...")

... might s/he (the librarian that is) tweet jovially about finding it at the library with the permalink to the item in the catalogue? (assuming there was one,).

This sounds like a fun game.


Part of my Wordpress→Blogger journey, this post copied 14 June 2021 in republication of my 15 August 2012 post at my experimental self-hosted Wordpress where it ticked up 13 views and 0 comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...