Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The most challenging thing about today was … #blogjune

Thanks sis. The contemplating caterpillar suggested I share the most challenging thing about today.

? ... ?

Challenging: testing one's abilities.

Wanted :

I wanted a way to extract data from particular cells in multiple workbooks to give me an index to the content of those books (which are named with numbers).

Solved:

I had no prior background in VBA, but with a rough question google helped me find a macro by Ron deBruin that I guessed might do something like that... then I worked out how to edit the macro, then how to run it.

The Country Town, 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle
This big (2000 piece) old puzzle and my job have much in common.
(The puzzle is called "The Country Town" by Tower Press. (c.1960). )

But the post title is also true, #blogjune may arguably be the most challenging: it is taking longer, has looser parameters, and its hard to know when its done.

Payback, sis:

What makes some challenges enjoyable, but others unpleasant.


Part of my Wordpress→Blogger journey, this post copied 25/12/2020 in republication of my 10 June 2014 post at my experimental self-hosted Wordpress


No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...