Friday, January 25, 2008

643 or 747?

Where to classify books and magazines about designs of kitchens and other rooms? Interior decorating 747 or housing & household equipment 643? It was easy enough for magazines whose focus leaned definitely to decorative elements but what about when the focus is as much style/decoration (colours/accessories) as overall practical structure for household function as for building or renovating?

I'm torn, there doesn't feel like enough difference between the sets of numbers. Seems cataloguers are too: eg: for kitchen designing: Libraries Australia have over 300 at 643.3 over 200 in 747.797 What do you do?

1 comment:

  1. which ever the library lacks we toss them that way and it looks as if there is more of a diversity of materials in the library. sad but true.

    ReplyDelete

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...