Friday, July 13, 2007

Social Bookmarking Hack

I began today's diversion thanks to my +del.icio.us +Blogger google alert (hoping to learn when if ever it becomes possible to daily post from delicious to Blogger). Today's alert included Palin Ningthoujam's post Automatic daily posting bookmarks to Blogger blogs. Apparently Palin's been waiting for the same feature to be made usable with Blogger. Palin has discovered that a daily posting can be done from Diigo. I've signed up but haven't set up a daily post yet, because my first or second act was to import my delicious bookmarks - I don't know what - maybe just to see what Diigo would do with them (My delicious notes became diigo comments)... but it was a lot of bookmarks and I didn't want them all posted just because they were all new to my Diigo account.

Diigo looks neat, focussing more on shared annotation than just bookmarking offering highlighting and stickies to whatever you select on the page. It even looks at first glance like it might help do what I was wanting between Notebook and blogging.

Somehow I went from that discovery to taking another look at adding social bookmarking buttons to my posts.

I'm very grateful to Hans of Beautiful Beta for his Social Bookmarking Hack

I'd love it if I could put the diigo add tool in line with the rest, but to work that out would steal more time from the assignment I'm supposed to be working on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi moonflowerdragon, thanks for the comments. Ya diigo came quite as a surprise. I hope it gives us the tags options. Come to think about it, can we put blogger post labels too? what about peekaboo posts adjustments? Also the headlines come in bold. I just want them to be normal. May be I'm asking for too much.

    Thanks so much for the mention and link. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...