Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Talk Like A Pirate Day

What a coincidence, I just submitted, as a course assignment, a Program of annual Library events, in which I proposed that it would be fun to celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Naturally staff might need some training - for which, I suggested, we could collect phrases, and soundtracks, and maybe watch movies.

So guess what I find today? ...Pirate Phrases - TalkLikeAPirateDay which has a link to videos at YouTube demonstrating Pirate speech Aaaaargh!

Okay, so Google didn't do a special logo this year, and apparently they were great sports in the spirit of their reply... but what I loved seeing was the nifty pirate's keyboard at The New Marketing : Pirate-speakin' Google not be celebratin' no Pirate day

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...