Saturday, September 30, 2006

LSJ Editors' Blog

My thanks to Sharon and [aliaSTUDENTS] for informing me about the first issue of Library Student Journal.

I enjoyed thinking about how instant messaging might or might not serve patrons, stimulated by Licia Slimon's IM reference service for teens case study. And I particularly enjoyed the editor's explanation of why the journal is produced for open access.

Who wouldn't be curious what happens at the LSJ Editors' Blog? I'm glad I was
... Google jockeys? ... so I'm curious, doubtful (how distracting), critical (for effective teaching wouldn't planning an engaging presentation be more valuable?), and back to curious (if anyone has found such an activity valuable for the subject of the 'lecture' how and why?)

and

At some stage in my course will be a subject on library space design, and when I saw Jessamyn's post about SPL's signage woes, felt I must make a note.

"the weird juxtaposition of amazing architecture with crummy laser-printed signage or post-it signage."


Updated 29 May 2010: Links, as Library Student Journal and the editor's blog have moved at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...