Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Building Community - North Portland Tool Library

So friends of mine who scoff at my ideas ... here's another one that's been done (thanks for pointing it out Superpatron): "The North Portland Tool Library is a community resource that loans a wide variety of tools to community members free of charge. The Tool Library benefits North Portland residents by reducing the costs of maintaining and improving their homes, building community, and sustaining diverse, livable neighborhoods."

Hm, and topping that, Superpatron reader 'ctr' tells that Berkeley Public Library have absorbed Berkeley's Tool Lending Library - and yes, I checked, items are listed and searchable in the catalog. That's how I think it should be. I'd love to see my local public library do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...