Monday, August 14, 2006

Web 2.0 for ABA?

When my course assignments, regional meeting and CE workshop are behind me; when we have that extra computer for the boys; when we have found a cheaper home or replacement funds to be able to stay where we are: I want to contact ABA's website working group and join abachat to discover whether anyone else has been considering whether Web 2.0 can benefit the Australian Breastfeeding Association's working groups and volunteer efforts.

I'm thinking Flickr could image share as well as make our activity public.

I'm thinking Wikis to assist with development of training materials and the material in the Community Relations Kit.

Maybe I'll set up a test Wiki to explore all the ideas. For now, just noting for myself the webpages that will help me think about it:

techsoup - the technology place for non-profits: Exploring the World of Wikis,

I'll check back at 10 ways nonprofits can use blogs, and Brand new and useful: a survey of the week's newest tools, and as they refer to tagging - best check out Thirteen tips for effective tagging.

I skimmed over Rethink your organisation's website because I think ABA's website is great, very carefully thought out, well-upgraded from time to time.

Other things like podcasts or RSS feeds, might want to start from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...