Thursday, November 17, 2005

Spring cleaning

I haven't yet found a poem that will inspire me to industrious spring cleaning.

Perhaps Sandy Shreve's will help when I eventually get to the paper piles as long as I don't think of the last five lines.

Maybe this one?  (for which I thank google for sending me to - maxwell at apartment therapy)

Love Song


Sweep the house clean,
hang fresh curtains
in the windows
put on a new dress
and come with me!
The elm is scattering
its little loaves
of sweet smells
from a white sky!


Who shall hear of us
in the time to come?
Let him say there was
a burst of fragrance
from black branches.

--William Carlos Williams, Al Que Quiere! The Four Seas Company: Boston, 1917

Okay, so it is a bit light on the cleaning side but the rest of it is tempting - particularly right now.

I wish my own spring cleaning didn't get so much like Lori Boulard describes.  Or ninepatch.

I don't know whether David Keig's encourages or discourages me, for I'd never cut it as a 1950's wife!  Indeed thanks to Dr Gaye Bland I know that my own sentiment is more like that of Emily Dickinson who apparently wrote "House is being 'cleaned,' I prefer pestilence."  No, I don't feel that way, but it sounds like Emily was referring to someone else doing the cleaning ... I wouldn't be complaining!

Has anyone else discovered that google is a great tool for the procrastinator?  Easier to self-justify than Zuma or Dynomite.

Okay mum's here to go shopping, procrastination complete!

Showed mum Roy's photo... "oh ... He's a nice looking chap" she says.  "And beautiful daughters."

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...